Monday, February 25, 2008

Resurging Back


It has been 7 days since I was loved by a virus that lavishly showered its love on me with what doctors called Infection. But no, I was not prepared to reciprocate the love to this virus and was actually ravenously hungry to murder this little piece of useless, incorrigible and irritating s**t that actually took life out of me while trying to seduce me with fever, giddiness, headache, cough, cold and what not, it even tried ballet dance in my stomach.

I remember the first 4 days, couldn’t really walk out of the bed (except when I had to meet the doc) and all the food I had was “oats khanji”, “arisi khanji” and if my mom and dad deduced a positive result of a long lasting conversation over my food, I would get “idly”.

Yes, it did feel like heaven to stay at home and not attending classes in that exasperatingly irritating college and of course, I had plenteous time to watch some nice riveting movies, clinching on my bed. But staying in the room for too long too made me feel sicker. So what did I do? I went and sat in the hall!

By the end of the 4th day, the virus was half killed and I didn’t have too many problems walking inside the house with some energy! The “khanji food” never stopped but to my surprise, I got “idly” on a higher scale. These 3 days have been a little fine, had time to write stuff, listen to music, and watch more movies and the unfortunate cricket match (damn I still think India should have won). I even got time to play poker at home!!

On the serious front, I am grateful to my mother. She was awake all night, sitting next to me and tapping my shoulders, putting me to sleep and waking me up in the middle to give me medicines. I would have become no better had her care was absent.

Right, so now it is all set. I suspect if any part of the virus is still alive.

“I am really sorry Miss.Virus, but I really did not love you. Not just you, I would never love even your brothers and sisters (bacteria, fungi, other viruses etc). ”

And here I am, resurging back with the power to endure the irritations of my college again.

Photobucket

No comments: