Thursday, February 14, 2008

V for Vendetta - Never will I forget!


This is one of my favourite movies that is incredibly riveting and impossibly exciting. I watched this movie long back but till now, I have not recovered from the awe of its lovely story, screenplay, editing, language etc.

The film is about a mysterious and powerful character -“V”, a deep lover of music, retaliating a gang of officials for the ruthless murder of a large number of innocent people. And there isn’t anything that I don’t love in this film. I feel everything was just perfect and well screened.

In the scads of movies I have collected, I think this is the film that is the best of the very few sci-fi fantasy genres.

Here is my favourite part of the film – the part where V meets Evey saving her from two debauched officers and introduces himself to her. Lovely language.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
V: [Evey pulls out her mace] I can assure you I mean you no harm.

Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Evey Hammond: Oh. Right.

V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.

V: VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into poster on wall]

V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
[giggles]

V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?

V: I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking with?

Evey Hammond: I'm Evey.

V: Evey? E-V. Of course you are.

Evey Hammond: What does that mean?

V: It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and I don't believe in coincidences.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket

No comments: