Thursday, May 1, 2008

Reminiscence - My School LIfe

It was 3 AM and I was not able to sleep. It always happens that in my study holidays, the nights become days and vice versa. It happened that night.

So i ladened my mind with my past. The versatility of experiences in my life always makes sure that there is always something in past to think of. Of course, for no person past will be empty but for every person his/her past is something to either remember or forget.

For me, my past is something I always want to forget but yet want to remember.

I still live with the pride of having studied in a school that always takes its comfortable position within top 5 chennai schools every year (thrice 1st). But I was always one of those students who never lived up to the school’s expectations. I was, as they called it, one of the threats to the brand “P.S”. But I enjoyed the school. I loved living there…..and would love to re-live there….

I don’t have a retentive mind, but that night my mind retrograded back to those olden days in school where everything that happened in my 11th and 12th was one of the worst concoction of happiness and bitterness. When I look back at it now, I miss even the sorrow times I have had in my school.

Something that happened in 11th was the epoch-making turning point in my life. I still feel like thanking the party concerned who made possible the things that happened, after he complained about me to my class teacher. My chemistry madams’ aversion towards me started there….right there. That’s when my reputation in school started to blow off.

And from her, it went through my physics ma’am and to my English ma’am. Awesome. Now every teacher in my high school who handled my class abominated me.

I can never forget the times I spent in my chemistry class feeling like a bug and desperately unwanted by Sundari ma’am. The words she used to describe me are still reverberating in my ears. I remember my maths sir and his classes. Somehow his way of teaching maths never suited me. I even told him that. His ego hurt when I told him that I like and prefer the other maths teacher, Usha Ma’am (popular as U.V) and way of teaching. He took it too personal and from then on, our personal foes were never ended. I remember those times in 12th when the intensity of the unpleasantness hovered as weeks crossed.

But I never cared, because bigger things were happening and I was making sure that my heart could scaffold the building of something beautiful.

Funny incidents, then serious, still stand in front of my eyes.

I know this is a post poorly vivid and badly organized but I wanted to put down the flow that sequenced it.

That night, I reminisced the school days; I re-lived the best and worst times, I re-experienced every feeling I felt in unforgettable past. I mixed some grape juice for myself after the memories met their completion at 5 am, and I slept a dreamy dawn….

Let me present to you - my school life……… sometime….


Photobucket

No comments: