Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bheema - My Review

Earlier I officially declared Azhagiya Tamizh Magan as the worst movie of 2007. Now, one need not even wait for the rest of 2008 to decide upon the worst movie of this year. Bheema grabs this award right away. This film is an imperfect and poor mix of pokiri, nayagan, kakka kakka etc.

To tell you the draggy story line, Prakash Raj plays a “nayagan” kamal types role in a different style and is Vikram’s inspiration. Vikram(“sekar” in the film) joins Prakash Raj and the director tries to project that they try to save the city from Raguvaran who is supposed to be the villain. But that’s definitely not what you’ll understand from the screenplay. It will appear only like a hopeless personal war between the two.

Right from scene 1 to climax its all bloodshed. People keep fighting until they are dead and when you watch the movie you’ll want them dead as soon as possible because it’s unbearable. Vikram does some spiderman stunts in the movie and you’ll find them hilarious and stupid instead of getting amused. Thank god there are no punch dialogues in the movie. And I bet you’ll call it “mokkai” when you get to know the relevance of the title Bheema with the movie. I will be dishonouring myself if I have to disclose that from my mouth (or rather my fingers that are typing)!!
Nothing saves the movie from its dominating nonsensical nature but as a treat for the eyes in between the boring stunts, trisha appears. She looks lovely like a queen and her beauty will sure steel your heart.

The music is good and so is the editing. But the bad screenplay and story just overshadows these good aspects.

I felt bored, irritated, sleepy and angry as I watched this masterpiece that fall in the category of “world’s worst films”. As far as I see, linguswamy can never make a good film.

And its my sincere request to all the directors of tamil cinema, for the sake of the heaven please stop making films that depicts these “rowdy heroes”. We are all dead tired watching the same concepts over and over again. Please be innovative and find stories that display some acting skills and eye catching and appealing concept and screenplay.

**/5 - One for editing and songs. The other is for trisha!!

Verdict - “Enna Koduma Sir Idhu”

No comments: