Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Am Al Pacino Fan



Al Pacino is like Rajini for me in hollywood. Now for those who don’t know him, he is the actor considered NO.1 in Hollywood after late Marlon Brando. I don’t need to convince people about that because the majority of the world knows it for a fact and if at all you want to know his acting skills just watch the movies The Godfather series, Scent of a Woman, Scarface, Insomnia, Looking for Richard, Sea of love, Dick Tracy, The Insider, The Recruit, …And Justice For All, Serpico, Dog day afternoon and Heat.

Al Pacino made his debut in Panic in the needle park and then Francis fought with paramount pictures to let him play the role “Micheal Corleone” in The Godfather series. Pacino kept stealing success in all his movies and only for a little while was he down. Coming back in 1983, this man made Scarface (a movie based on Al Capone and I have watched this movie 3 times now!!). Scent of a Woman won him Oscar and other movies that followed it gave him success and only success.
This man is my favourite actor for his awesome acting, incredible dialogue delivery, smart action, mesmerizing romance on screen, the eyes that expresses and all that is good about this fantastic actor. Here are some of his pics and quotes from various movies.

From The Godfather (Pacino as Micheal Corleone)



Michael Corleone: Where does it say that you can't kill a cop?
Tom Hagen: Come on, Mikey...
Michael Corleone: Tom, wait a minute. I'm talking about a cop that's mixed up in drugs. I'm talking about a - a - a dishonest cop - a crooked cop who got mixed up in the rackets and got what was coming to him. That's a terrific story. And we have newspaper people on the payroll, don't we, Tom?
[Tom nods]
Michael Corleone: And they might like a story like that.
Tom Hagen: They might, they just might.
Michael Corleone: [to Sonny] It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

--------------------------------------------------
From Godfather Part 2 (Pacino as Micheal Corleone)



Michael Corleone: There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
----
Michael Corleone: If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
----
This quote is not by Al Pacino but by his friend and equally great actor considered as another heir to Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro.. a really handsome man. In this movie he plays the role of young Don Vito Corleone which was played by Marlon Brando in The Godfather.
Vito Corleone: [in Italian] Do me this favor. I won't forget it. Ask your friends in the neighborhood about me. They'll tell you I know how to return a favor.

--------------------------------------------------------
From The Godfather Part III (Pacino as Micheal Corleone)



[Michael is kneeling alone in a room at the corpse of Don Tommasino in a coffin]
Michael Corleone: Goodbye my old friend. You could have lived a little longer, I could be closer to my dream. You were so loved, Don Tommasino. Why was I so feared, and you so loved? What was it? I was no less honorable. I wanted to do good. What betrayed me? My mind? My heart? Why do I condemn myself so? I swear, on the lives of my children: Give me a chance to redeem myself, and I will sin, no more.
---
Michael Corleone: Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.
---
Michael Corleone: When they come... they come at what you love.
---
Michael Corleone: Your enemies always get strong on what you leave behind.
---
Michael Corleone: He'd better be careful. It's dangerous to be a honest man.
---
Michael Corleone: Do you still fear me Kay?
Kay Corleone: I don't fear you Michael, I just dread you.
---
Michael Corleone: [to Mary] I would burn in hell to keep you safe.
---
And this is my favourite. Micheal Corleone is crowning Vincent Maccini (his brother’s son) to be the Don.
Michael Corleone: Nephew, from this moment on, call yourself Vincent Corleone.

-------------------------------------------------------
From Scent of a Woman (Pacino as Lt. Col. Frank Slade):



Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too fuckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say you are... executin' his soul! And why? Because he's not a Bairdman. Bairdmen. You hurt this boy, you're gonna be Baird bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, FUCK YOU TOO!

--------------------------------------
From Scarface (Pacino as Tony Montona)



Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!
---
Tony Montana: You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!
---
Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.


And Let me finish this post with the Al Pacino's Scaraface poster that i have pasted on the wall of my room!!!



Long Live Al Pacino!!

Photobucket

No comments: