Saturday, April 12, 2008

Santhosh Subramaniyam – My Review


Looks like this month's recipe is only Movies Reviews for my blog since i have earmarked two cerebration posts for May first week as i wouldn't be writing anything in the exam time...as for now...here is whats in my mind...

I am really happy that I did the right thing by going to abirami mall this evening because after a long time I actually got to watch a good Tamil movie.

Santhosh Subramanium is a comical commercial film which is actually a remake of the Telugu super hit Bommarilu. I was oblivious of that until my brother told me minutes before I was leaving for the theatre. I had seen the parts of the original telugu version and though I could understand the scenes, I couldn’t enjoy the comedy for the obvious reason that I don’t know the language too well.

But the understandable Tamil version is nourished with healthy and splendid comedy that goes along with the story line perfectly. The story is well known, it is all about a man who has an over protective and over concerned father who always wants to give the best to him, not cognized of whether he likes it or what he likes. The son (jeyam ravi) moves on with his discontented life but experiences a turn when he meets Genelia who is apparently the heroine of the film but yes…..in the movie she plays a kiddish girl who just does what she wants. And the film proceeds on with their relationship, his father’s threat to the love, and to the bigger problem, the too much interest the father (Prakash Raj) takes in his son’s life.

Though this story, direction and screenplay was copied from another source, the movie still found a positive place in my heart for the excellent comedy (hail Santhanam), Genelia’s awesome acting (she was a damn cute innocent sweetheart), Jeyam Ravi and Prakash Raj’s really good performance etc.

Ha..ha…Wait a minute.. Sadagopan Ramesh is actually acting in this movie as Ravi’s brother. That is probably the funniest thing you’ll ever notice in the film despite Santhanam’s fantastic comedy!! But yes, I didn’t find him too naïve in acting part.

Music wasn’t impressive, but screenplay and cinematography was fine. Jeyam Ravi’s acting was ok but a lot like Bommarilu Siddharth. Santhanam has a promising future and Geni darling….I love you!! To be laconic, this film is a perfect entertainer.

****/5 – I am taking away one star only for the non impressive music and the statement that lives every word “A Jeyam ravi’s film will find success only if it is a Telugu remake” !

Verdict : A must watch rib-tickling entertainer.

Photobucket

No comments: