Friday, April 18, 2008

Yaradi Nee Mohini - My Review


I had wanted to watch this movie since its release, but after watching it I ended up feeling dumb for having “wanted” to watch it.

Yaradi Nee Mohini is a film with a story line totally irrelevant to its title. The movie begins with dhanush again playing a role of a “vetti”, hopeless man trying to find himself a job in a ‘Software Company’. And when he finds one, he meets Nayantara (my sweetheart and a project manager in the company) and, like in any other usual tamil cinema, falls in love with her. While she claims she is not interested, hero’s depression accrues as his father passes away. His friend Karthik plans to take dhanush along with him for his marriage in a village affirming that the downhearted hero will find solace with a lot of people around him. And from there, the typical Tamil film antics concerning hero’s impression in the family is exhibited.

Everybody knows this is a Telugu remake and since I haven’t seen the Telugu version I am not able to compare the two but from what’s in the Tamil edition, this film is definitely not worth watching unless you are a fiery fan of Nayantara.

The movie paces slowly and sometimes I felt a little bored. Give Nayantara less clothes (like in Billa) and she will never act (only walking like what Ajith did) but give her too many clothes like Yaradi Nee Mohini and she’ll repay you with over action. It got into my nerves every time she tried to act like a software company’s project manager. Sort of gives a feeling that Tamil film heroines are worth only for love subjects in movies and can’t act when given a meaningful role.

I saw in some of the papers that the on screen chemistry between Nayantara and Danush is too good and I would suggest to those who call that true to be a little away from me. Because I might not stop to think what I was told my mom when I was 5…..avoid violence.

Apparently, looks like Karthik(better known as suchi’s husband) has got a ironlike position in the Tamil Cinema for the role of a impeccant and innocent young man, whose lover will always be loved by the hero, and will let the girl ditch him to marry her ex-boy friend, sit and cry for some time, soothe himself by calling it a sacrifice. Basically, if any of you directors want a guy friend for your hero to unwittingly hurt him by “ensoying” with his girl friend, you have Karthik.

Shockingly, in this “Tamil Cinema”, the climax will deceive anybody who predicts it, and by all odds, it sucks.

Here are some things that really infuriated me.

1. Nayantara wears too many clothes, not good.
2. A plump good looking girl and a monkey like creature were “trying” to romance in the film, Koduma.
3. “Palli” Dhanush fights with 10 rugged guys and even lifts an elephant sized man, totally unacceptable.
4. While several engineering students are striving hard to learn English for Group Discussion in placements, our dhanush passes it by talking in “sutha” Tamil, I watched it with mouth agape.
5. Later in the movie he does speak some English. I was traumatized.
6. Finally, the film just doesn’t tell you who the (Beep) Mohini is.

To tell you the truth, Yaradi Nee Mohini is not worth a review.

**/5 – After so much revilement, I am giving it 2 starts only for the Nayantara and for some comical dialogues that merits appreciation.

Verdict : Waste of time.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well written da..even i found the movie to be a total CRAP...Its definitely one of the top ways to commit suicide...