Thursday, April 3, 2008

RACE - My Review


Very well, after a long time I got to watch this hindi film starring Akshaye Khanna, Saif Ali khan, Bipasha Basu and Katrina Kaif and I must say that I was quite happy that I didn’t waste time that evening.

Firstly, of all the actresses the directors, Abbas and Mastan, chose Katrina Kaif for playing Saif Ali Khan’s P.A. I know it’s always difficult to find a good apple from a basket of rotten ones but these Einstein Brothers actually managed to do the reverse, and that too not from a basket of good apples but from the tree itself! I would have loved it had Prinyanka Chopra played the role.

Secondly, I have substantial reason to believe that two directors are great fan of K.Balanchandar. The film is replete with twists and turns, both predictable and unpredictable but I was rather sated with the style that these convolve as the end draws close.

The story is all about Saif and Akshaye, two brothers of whom Saif is older and owns a stud farm training incredible horses for the race. Akshaye is unhappy that his brother owns everything and decides to kill him. To his help comes Bipasha Basu, a former girl friend of Saif, and apparently succeeds. And if I unveil any more of the story, I would just become a spoiler (because this is the point from where the K.Balanchandar’s aura of story directing tactics has clearly taken its fix).

Anil Kapoor makes his entry to investigate the case as Inspector R.D and since the directors gave a woman for each of the two main characters of the film, Anil must have demanded one for himself too. They gave him my favourite and the really hot Sameera Reddy. Again, she is now Anil’s Assistant and plays a cute and hot girl with unendurable innocence. Of course, whatever be the role a girl plays in a bollywood movie, she has to sign the contract to do an item number with the least amount of clothes over her body, right? So, with bipasha basu and Sameera Reddy on the charge, can you not imagine what all you can expect?

On the other sides, I didn’t really like the music, the cinematography wasn’t very impressive and some parts of the movie brought back the ancient way of handling the twists and turns. However, I did have fun watching this film and I recommend this film for all bipasha and sameera fans.

*** / 5 - One for the ladies, one for the direction, one for its complexity.

Verdict : A worthy time pass, be it the movie or the ladies.

Photobucket

No comments: